THE LEX FILES

Friday, February 03, 2006

Super Bowl XL Overload

Ok, who here doesn’t know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?? Can I get a show of hands please? Ok, now those of you who raised your hands please get the person next to you to slap you. Where have you been? Now, i like the guy, don’t get me wrong. I, even being the biggest Denver Broncos fan out there, am actually cheering for the guy to get the big shiny trophy and his ring. It’s not his fault the entire sports press nation wants to do a sentimental, introspective (cue the sad melodramatic music) piece on him. I mean come on, it’s the feel good story of the year. It’s just proof of why we don’t need 2 weeks between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. I’m tired of hearing about it, I’m tired of reading about it and I’m definitely tired of watching all of the ‘I wish I still played football’ broadcasters explain to me ad nauseam how one team will fare against the other on that stupid “Playmaking Made Easy” field they’ve constructed. Please NFL go back to the 1 week between games. It forces the teams to get to the destination, get serious and get ready to play football. It also forces the sports people to scrap some of their less necessary stuff because of time constraints. We would all benefit from that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home