THE LEX FILES

Thursday, July 06, 2006

For the Greater Good

So, I was thinking. I wonder how many people stumble across my blog. 1, 2, 50, 100? It's not like i am like my sister with her some 300 "friends" on myspace. I mean, i'm not sure anyone looks at this thing from day to day. So i have been wondering to myself just how many aimless strangers come across my page, maybe have a laugh and continue on about their day, never looking back. I wonder just how many people i come in contact with, without even knowing it.

With that in mind i decided to use this blog as an additional avenue to raise money for the 60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk i'm doing in October. I'm sure if there really are a few of you out there reading my blog that some of you, if not all, have heard of or seen something about these 60 mile walks. I'm participating in the one taking place in Atlanta. I am part of a team and we are all raising money for this event. I am walking because this disease impacts us all. I have a really good friend that was diagnosed and is a survivor. I walk for her and many others. Male or female, old or young. We have or will at some point in our lives be touched by breast cancer. It is inevitable.

So if you are out there, reading this in blogland and you care about fighting and finding a cure for this disease, then join me. Go the the 3 Day website and get information. I invite you to visit my 3 Day page and donate in honor or memory of someone you love or care about or even maybe a loved one or friend that you have lost. It's a huge cause, a great cause. I'm sure there are millions that support it, are you one?

Thanks to all of you out there that may read this, even if it's just a few. I'll keep posting on my progress, and will post my journal and pics after the event is over.

My Page: http://www.the3day.org/Atlanta06/lexieolson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home